For inquiries regarding career opportunities please contact our Human Resources Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 30th 10am-2pm Job Fair at Apex International, immediate interviews conducted
October 7th 5-7pm Devry University Edina
October 9th 10am-1:30pm Hennepin Tech Eden Prairie
We encourage you to stay up-to-date with openings, as well as connect with us:
Linked In Company Page: http://www.linkedin.com/company/apex-international-mfg-inc
Follow us on Twitter: @ApexIntlMFG
Production » Ops Tech
Ops Tech/Production Line Lead--starting @ $16 DOQ
Apex is seeking experienced Production professionals with a strong mechanical aptitude to join the best team in Manufacturing!
- 2 – 3 years of Production experience, preference to those with experience in Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics, Personal Care, or Food Processing organizations.
- Verifiable High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Lead experience in a production/manufacturing environment, preferably in a cGMP/FDA regulated organization.
- Prior experience with Training & coaching of team members.
- Post secondary education.
- Train other team members;
- Communicate effectively with line, supervisory, Maintenance, and Quality personnel
- Product specifications,
- Quality control documents,
- Complete line set up sheets,
- Following line set up procedures.
Demonstrated mechanical aptitude that will allow incumbent to:
- Successfully set up / tear down / troubleshoot problems on the equipment
- Successfully conduct operator preventive maintenance (PMs) and lead line changeover activities
- Conducts equipment operator preventive maintenance (PM) activities for production lines including review/change of belts, oil, gaskets, etc. as needed; accurately records such activities as required
- Assists Set Up Team with changeover activities to ensure they occur in the minimum time with 100% readiness.
- Assists with filler set up
- Effectively communicate with incoming and outgoing shifts as it is related to the optimal running of our production lines.
- Utilize “line stop” mentality when it comes to equipment, quality or safety issues.
- Report continuous or major problems to maintenance department immediately.
- Pulls samples for testing and performs testing as needed (e.g. tensile testing)
- Identify, report, and assist in resolving quality issues.
- Must understand and demonstrate competency in cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Ensure all line paperwork (including test records, batch records, line audit records, etc.) is completed accurately and in compliance with government and company standards
Direction and oversight: Will be responsible for coaching and mentoring teammates.
- Can read and write at a 12th grade level and follow procedures, processes and specifications written in English.
- Can demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Competent in applying sound judgment; troubleshooting and resolving basic to moderately complex problems (i.e. when machine goes down can troubleshoot to help determine possible causes)
- Competent in interpreting, recording, and comparing data (i.e. on batch records, lot codes, production records, part numbers on control documents, etc.)
- Can follow directions accurately and safely.
- Basic knowledge of good manufacturing practices and sanitation/safety procedures
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and processes such as preventive maintenance
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency to become a “certified Apex trainer”
- This position may require significant work hours beyond the normal workday based on the demands of the business cycle, customer volume of business, and specific sales efforts underway.
- It requires reliable transportation.
- It has a moderate to high demand for tight deadlines.
- This position entails work of a cyclical nature.
- This position will experience moderate interruption in workflow for product changeovers. It has no requirement for overnight or day travel.
This position requires:
- Continuous (6 or more hours per day) bending, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, reaching, lifting and grasping.
- Continuous (6 or more hours per day) standing and walking.
- Continuous (6 or more hours per day) talking, communicating, and repetitive hand/wrist movement.
- Sensory requirements: Good eyesight, normal hearing, and fluent in the English language.
- Indoors, seasonally hot and humid.
- Will be exposed to various fragrances which at times may be at elevated levels.
- Moving and lifting objects, sometimes 50 lbs. frequently.
- This job involves working with FDA approved substances which may have allergic potential in some people.
This position usually works for 8-10 hour shifts. However, hours of work are flexible and will fluctuate based on the needs of the business and the customers. The job may require work beyond the normal 40 work-week schedule depending on work demands. The work hours can vary depending on customer requirements and staffing.
Shift: Opportunities on 1st, 2nd and 3rd
To apply: www.trustapexinternational.com/careers